Friday, January 29, 2016

Design I



=the story=
I'm super excited to share my first design in my etsy shop! I named this hat "Design I" because it represents my first quarter in college. One of the classes I took was called Design 1, which was all about black and white/grayscale design. The purpose of this course was to teach the students basic concepts of design such as value, texture, shape, and space.  Although at times this class felt useless and mundane, by the end of the 10-week course, I realized that it was an important foundation to everything I will learn about design from now on. I want this hat to be the same for my store. This is a very basic design, but it's the beginning of all the creative products I will produce in the future!

This is a very chunky knit beanie. You can wear it slightly off your head for a slouchy look, or down to your forehead for a tight fit. It's perfect for cold winter days to keep your ears warm, and not to mention it's a cute accessory to add to your outfit! Its basic design even allows for it to be unisex.




=wash recommendations=
hand wash; dry flat

=materials=
This hat is made out of a yarn blend of acrylic and wool. It's in the color charcoal black and fisherman white.

=measurements=
the INNER circumference measures approximately 17'' but will stretch to fit most head sizes. 
the base of the hat is about 9" wide
the hat is about 8.5" tall from base to top (NOT including the pom pom)

I use my own pattern for all my products, but remember, each hat is handmade and unique!




Thanks so much for stopping by!

Warm regards,
Michelle

3 comments: