Friday, January 29, 2016

First Day of Snow



=the story=
I got the whole idea of Woolie from the changes of moving from California to the east coast. My first blizzard was nothing like I imagined. Whenever I watched the news from home, the storms looked horrifying. Don't get me wrong, it was. But to my surprise, it was also able to bring so much joy. Bad weather makes the perfect day to get cozy in your room with a movie and hot chocolate. I was also surprised how fast they clear the roads. I loved seeing the community come together to shovel their cars out of the snow (I never appreciated my car so much) and help each other get through blocked roads. After the storm cleared, I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to sled down the steps. Even though we were all strangers to each other, everyone got together to give an extra push down the snow, or a hand when someone slipped. Even though the holidays were well over, the snow brought holiday moods back.

This is a very chunky knit beanie. You can wear it slightly off your head for a slouchy look, or down to your forehead for a tight fit. It's perfect for cold winter days to keep your ears warm, and not to mention it's a cute accessory to add to your outfit! Its basic design even allows for it to be unisex.



=wash recommendations=
hand wash; dry flat

=materials=
This hat is made out of a yarn blend of acrylic and wool. It's in the color sky blue and fisherman white.

=measurements=
the INNER circumference measures approximately 17'' but will stretch to fit most head sizes. 
the base of the hat is about 9" wide
the hat is about 8.5" tall from base to top (NOT including the pom pom)

I use my own pattern for all my products, but remember, each hat is handmade and unique!




Thanks so much for stopping by!

Warm regards,
Michelle

2 comments: