Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Welcome to Woolie


Hi! I'm Michelle and I am a freshman at Drexel University studying Graphic Design. I am very lucky to be pursuing a career that I am so excited about. I am in love with the program at my school, but I am still figuring out how to pay for the rest of my tuition. That's where Woolie comes in! Ever since I attended my first craft fair (Unique LA) in 2013, I've had a passion for supporting handmade. I love seeing artistic minds come together to create a community filled with creativity.

So, why knits?

Before college, Los Angeles was the only place I ever called home. Now, the most common question I get asked by people back in California is, "How's the cold?" Moving to Philadelphia, I had to learn to adjust to many changes like being away from family and friends, taking care of myself, and most importantly for Woolielearning to dress in the cold.

Knits are a very beautiful art. Essentially, it's just taking yarn and creating a repetition of knots. We often think of a knot as something that causes disorder and frustration, but knits allow us to take these knots to create something beautiful.

"Woolie" is a variation of the Korean term, 우리 (sometimes spelled as "uri" or "woori"), meaning "we" or "us." I really value my relationships with my friends and family and I want my shop to portray that side of me. I want Woolie to be part of a community that supports and cares for each other.

The purpose of this blog is to allow my customers(you!) to get a deeper insight into my shop. Every handmade item has its own story and this is where I want to connect with you to make Woolie more personal. I put a lot of work and thought into my products and I hope you love them as much as I enjoyed making them!

Thank you for stopping by!
Warm regards,

Michelle

2 comments: